The Camp and Conference Ministry is seeking applications from college-aged young adults for 2018 Summer Leadership Intern positions.
Within the Kansas Region, summer church camp is a high priority. Those who have participated the camp program become leaders who have excellent talents to offer. College-aged young adults make up most of these dedicated individuals, as they have benefited greatly from their own experience in camp.
These individuals are also in a place of great financial need for resources to continue their college education. The Kansas Summer Leadership Internship program enhances their college experience and helps them in determining a life vocation.
While individuals from other Regions are considered, Kansas applicants are given first consideration. Applicants must be currently enrolled in college and preference is given to those who have completed two successful years of college education. Preference is also given to those individuals considering ministry as a career option.
Interns support camp in more ways that we can count: maintaining the pool, lifeguarding, tending campfires, leading games, serving food, washing dishes, facilitating challenge course activities, tending grounds, and more. They’ve even been known to step in as counselors when needed, and to lead music and energizers.
Interns are expected to:
- participate in leadership training held May 21-25 at Tawakoni
- To participate in the region’s camp programs throughout the summer – May 29-August 5
- Serve a specific program need (ie. music leadership, pool supervision/lifeguard, challenge course facilitators), and at times, to fill in as a Counselor along with other volunteers
- Help maintain and clean the camp facilities (ie. dishwashers, kitchen help, grounds upkeep)
- Be an appropriate role model and to represent the Region in the most favorable way possible
- Read and discuss a book in a weekly intern meeting with an aim to increase understanding of Christian leadership
- Acknowledge and abide by all camp policies and guidelines.
- A full day off each week
- Room & Board at the camp throughout the summer
- A weekly stipend of $75 and Scholarship of at least $2,000 – If the Intern serves the entire summer program. (Returning Interns’ stipend/scholarship will be greater.)
Download the application form and submit along with three references to Steve Martin, Regional Minister and Camp administrator, at the Topeka Regional Office. References should be your pastor and two others who know your work.
Applications are due March 1. The selection process is completed by March 31. A committee of Camp & Conference members and regional staff review applicants and make the final selection.