Camp Sunday is a region wide initiative to promote participation in the 2016 Summer Camp season and get children, youth, and adults registered for camp prior to the April 30 early-bird registration deadline.
A week of summer church camp is the educational equivalent of a full year in Sunday School—and that’s for people who never miss a Sunday! Youth grow in faith – far more than they do during the school year – and as their understanding increases, their participation in the local church is enhanced. Leaders (adults and older youth) grow significantly by leading youth during the summer camp experience. Relationships are built; relationships which often last a life-time!
Camp Sunday Promotional Materials:
- Camp Sunday Poster
- Camp Fliers
- Camp Invite Cards
The camping program is not just in the summer. Men’s, Women’s and Youth groups use the Disciples Center throughout the year for retreats, training meetings, and workshops. Several community groups also rent out various buildings for day meetings, overnight retreats, and celebrations.
Your church can support the ministry of the Disciples Center and the Summer camping program by:
- Encourage the participation of your youth and adults leaders
- Provide scholarships to cover registration fees
- Plan transportation to/from camp for the campers from your church
- Send financial support to the camp — Give Online Now
- Participate in the annual Gala/Auction — October 29
- Collect and send paper goods and other supplies — 2016 Wish List
- Send volunteers to spring Work Days — March 10-12 &May 19-21.