Received Sept 25 & Oct 2 in most congregations.
One-half of the Reconciliation Special Offering funds our Church’s mission imperative to become a pro-reconciling, anti-racist church, using experiential education, inclusive worship and intentional dialogue.
Through this offering we provide programs for leadership development, curriculum for dialogue and learning, and partnerships within the Church and our communities. Our efforts to promote healing, relationship and restoration in the whole family of God are enlivened by Reconciliation funds.
Recent events have reignited the conversation about human brokenness, evidenced in the sin of racism and perpetuated in our institutional structures and systems. Your generous giving to Reconciliation Ministry is transforming lives and strengthening Christ’s witness in the world, showing that we love one another, even as Christ continues to love us!
Here in Kansas, our half of the offering will be divided among these projects, approved by our Reconciliation committee:
- Home Sweet Home, a homeless ministry sponsored by First Christian Church in Independence, KS
- LINK, a nutrition program in Lawrence. First Christian is one of the participating churches.
- Birthday Backpacks, an outreach by Pine Valley Christian Church to very poor children in Wichita, giving them birthday celebration and gifts.
- Anti-Racism Training, a 2017 event for KS Disciples clergy and church leaders.
- Thank you for your generosity to help meet our Disciples 20/20 goal of becoming an Anti-Racist, Pro-Reconciling church.