At the April Board meeting, the Regional Board approved seven grant requests totaling $40,000.
Established by the Kansas Women’s Board of Missions, the Kansas Bible Chair provides grants for educational programs and lectureships which will benefit both laity and clergy of Disciple congregations in Kansas. These grants keep your registration fees low and program expenses for regional events.
Spring 2021 Grants approved are:
- $150 to the Kansas Disciples Women for 2021 Spirit Fest speaker fees and costs.
- $2,400 to the Kansas Disciples Women for speaker and program cost of annual fall retreats in October.
- $1,600 for a series of 7-10 educational Congregational Ministry & Educational Leadership Podcasts.
- $8,000 for the Anti-racism Team’s two training events. The first training, open to all, will focus on what racism is and how societal systems/institutions reinforce and sustain policies and structures of racism from generation to generation. The second training is for the Anti-racism team as they seek to equip themselves to provide workshops for congregations and regional events and to engage in the work of dismantling systemic/institutional racism.
- $18,300 for the Regional Connect and Equip event on August 14 at the Disciples Center at Tawakoni.
- An additional $2,800 to the already approved $3,000 for the High Plains District to develop an ongoing program of conversational Spanish language courses for pastors and church leaders.
- $6,750 to the Ecumenical Campus Ministry on the Campus of Kansas State University for the Social Enterprise Project: “Faith in Action.”
Deadline to submit fall grant applications is September 30. Apply online here.