The KCYF Cabinet Includes:
- two (2) representatives from each of the 5 Districts of the Kansas Region
- two At-Large representatives who make up a reasonable representation of the youth of the Kansas region (including gender; large-church/small-church; rural/city; age, and special interests),
- 2 to 4 Adult Sponsors, from differing districts.
- Moderator-elect is chosen in the Spring for the following school year.
- Serves the youth of the region by planning and preparing for events throughout the year.
- Serves as an atmosphere to build servant-leadership skills for those on the Cabinet.
Criteria for Selection of KCYF Cabinet:
- Must be a high school student, grades 10-12, an active participant or member of a Disciples of Christ congregation in the Kansas Region and is active in their local church youth program.
- Expected foremost to attend the initial training meeting, in August at Disciples Center at Tawakoni (date TBA).
- Expected to be committed to attend all meetings and events: Leadership Training event, in August (mandatory); January Cabinet (date TBA); March 2-3, 2018 Spring Retreat. It is hoped that they would attend the KCYF Mission Week as well.
- Able to demonstrate an interest in nurturing his/ her personal faith through study, prayer, worship, fellowship and service.
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential and a desire to strengthen and acquire other leadership skills.
- Expected to attend one CYF Conference each summer and additional district events.
Cabinet Selection Process:
- Individuals who meet the criteria are invited to self-nominate on the form produced by the Regional office and return it by July 15 each spring. Those serving must re-apply (other than the moderator-elect).
- Along with the nomination form, he/ she is expected to send 3 reference letters (one from the pastor).
- He or she must also complete a set of questions which will be sent upon receiving the following self nomination form. These questions will allow him/ her to think about their spiritual gifts, faith journey, relationship with God, and their leadership style.
- Moderator-elect, Sponsors and CCK Staff will review applications and make final recommendation.