The KCYF Cabinet is:
The Kansas Cristian Youth Fellowship (KCYF) cabinet serves the youth of the region by planning and preparing for events throughout the year. It also serves as a training tool to equip youth leaders and build servant-leadership skills. It is lead by a youth Moderator who is selected in the previous spring for the following school year.
The KCYF Cabinet Includes:
- two (2) representatives from each of the 5 Districts of the Kansas Region
- two At-Large representatives who make up a reasonable representation of the youth of the Kansas region (including gender; large-church/small-church; rural/city; age, and special interests),
- 2 to 4 Adult Sponsors, from differing districts.
Criteria for Selection of KCYF Cabinet:
- Must be a high school student, grades 10-12, an active participant or member of a Disciples of Christ congregation in the Kansas Region and is active in their local church youth program.
- Expected to attend all cabinet meetings and KCYF sponsored events:
- Mandatory Leadership Training event (date TBA)
- January Cabinet Meeting (date TBA)
- Youth Spring Retreat
- CYF Alpha or CYF Omega Summer Conference (See Summer Camp Schedule)
- KCYF Mission Week summer camp session (optional but highly encouraged)
- district youth events as applicable
- Able to demonstrate an interest in nurturing his/ her personal faith through study, prayer, worship, fellowship and service.
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential and a desire to strengthen and acquire other leadership skills.
Cabinet Selection Process:
- Individuals who meet the criteria are invited to apply using the electronic form below or download the PDF and mail to the Topeka Regional Office. Applications need to timestamped or postmarked no later than August 15. UPDATE: 2021 application deadline extended through August 31 Those serving must re-apply (other than the moderator-elect).
- Along with the nomination form, he/ she is expected to the names and contact information for 3 references (one from the applicant’s pastor). References need to fill out the electronic reference form below or download the PDF and mail reference form to the Topeka Office no later than August 31.