Tawakoni staff continues their commitment to follow Jesus and love our neighbor into the summer camp program. They will do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for everyone: campers, program staff, and all employees and volunteers. Based on state health guidelines, the camp will follow these measures:
- Camp staff and volunteers, over 19 years, will have a COVID test upon arrival.
- Staff and campers will have their temperature checked at check-in, and each morning following.
- Face masks will be worn throughout the camp program. Campers are encouraged to bring several masks. A supply of masks will be available for those who are unable to bring their own. Exceptions are: sleeping, eating, and pool/water activities.
- Program leaders will plan for social distancing and meeting outdoors as much as possible.
- Camp staff will sanitize sleeping cabins daily.
- Meals will be served by kitchen staff. The salad bar will have pre-packaged items. Depending on the weather, small groups may eat outdoors under a
If a camper displays COVID symptoms, he/she will be isolated and tested, and the parent or guardian will be contacted for immediate pickup.