The camp and all its personnel will do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for everyone: campers, staff, and volunteers. Those precautions include:
- Camp staff and volunteers will be required to have a recent COVID test before camp begins.
- Temperature checks will be done at check-in and daily throughout each session.
- Face masks will be worn throughout the camp program. Campers will be encouraged to bring several masks. A supply of masks will be available for those who are unable to bring their own.
- Program leaders will plan for social-distancing as much as possible.
- Camp staff will clean and sanitize the sleeping cabins daily.
- Meals will be served by staff instead of family-style. Depending on the weather, small groups may eat outdoors under the shade of a display tent.
We plan to use only half of the available beds to maintain social distancing guidelines. As we know there may be more demand than spots available, a waitlist will be kept during registration. Often campers who are registered find it necessary to drop out for a variety of reasons. If spots open up, a call will be made in the order of the waitlist to see if campers remain interested in participation.
For additional information contact the Topeka regional office, 785-266-2914, or email Regional Minister, Steve Martin, email@example.com.