We as the Kansas Region are blessed to know the support of many dedicated and caring individuals throughout the region. Each year, the Christmas Special Day Offering received by Kansas congregations supports the ministries and programs of your region.
This annual gift to the region provides for many varied ministries. Included are:
- Clergy support including nurturing those who are following a call to parish ministry
- Our recent establishment of Anti-Racism/Pro-Reconciliation work
- Calling a new staff member to lead New Church Development, with hopes of leading new congregations into the future
- The Region’s camp and conference program including work at Disciples Center, where children, youth and adults meet for programs of nurture
- Disciples Women and Men have programs and are blessed to have a director for each of these ministries
The richness of our devotion to connect and equip Disciples throughout the region makes this offering particularly important. Again: all monies received will remain in the Kansas Region.
Please consider the many ways we can share God’s love during this season and dig deep to share. Together, we are the Body of Christ! Together we equip disciples for mission and ministry. Together we connect disciples to spread the love and grace of God.
In this season of Advent hope, remember the regional church in your prayers and offerings that we together might strongly meet the opportunities of being a regional church in 2021. On Dec. 13 and 20, support these ministries and more through the Christmas special offering. Give generously through your congregation, your Engage account, or at kansasdisciples.org/give.
Merry Christmas from your Regional Staff!