JOINT REGIONAL ASSEMBLY 2016
Quality Inn & Suites, Salina, November 11 – 12
Come! Come to Salina to:
- Celebrate Paxton Jones’s years of ministry and leadership in Kansas as Deputy RM then Regional Minister, and wish him well in retirement
- Celebrate Sharon Watkins’s leadership as our General Minister and President, and the completion of her term next summer
- Celebrate our regional church partnership with our neighbor Nebraska
- Learn more about religious freedom in a contentious time in Sharon’s workshop
- Raise money to assist victims of human trafficking in a 5k Fun Run/Walk (Learn more and register at DWF Human Trafficking Prevention 5K)
- Hear from a popular & skilled story-teller, Pam McGrath
- Learn in a workshop about ministry in rural areas, or spiritual growth using a labyrinth, or structuring your church for mission, or all about our church’s Special Offerings and what they do
- Choose and install the region’s new officers for 2017-18
- Participate in a Mission First gathering, sharing the stories of your church’s mission
- Worship together—the sound of 200+ voices singing together is awesome!
- Participate in a shared business session with our Nebraska neighbors—we’ll work side by side in partnership
- More! Meet old friends and make new ones!
It’s impossible to capture an Assembly in words. You just have to be there to know what it’s all about. Packets will be sent to church offices in Sept. Register online below or download the 2016 Regional Assembly Registration Form here and mail with payment to the Topeka Regional Office.
NOTE: This charge will appear as some version of “SST*CHRISTIANCHUR840559 MOUNT VERNON OH” on your credit card statement.
For housing at Quality Inn, call 785-404-6247 to make your room reservation. All rooms except king suites are $84.99 plus taxes. Identify yourself as part of the Christian Church in KS or NE, or you may hear that there are no rooms available. Ditto for the website—use the phone instead!
For More information see: