Having an effective website is crucial for churches and faith communities that want to grow and remain vital. But what makes a site effective? How can smaller churches have a website on a budget?
Bet Hannon will present a workshop on creating and maintaining effective church websites from 9:30 to 11:30 AM on Friday, Oct. 2, as a part of the Kansas-Oklahoma UCC Annual Meeting at the Doubletree Hotel in Overland Park.
This workshop will cover essentials including:
- what goes on the home page (and what doesn’t!)
- maintaining dynamic content
- preventing hackers and spam
- getting Google to find you
- systems for managing your site yourself
- ideas for getting a site up on a budget (as low as $30 per year or even free!)
Hannon combines many years as a pastor with technical know-how to help churches and non-profits effectively use digital tools. Based in Fresno, California, Bet Hannon Marketing has clients from both across the United States and in Canada.
No registration is required and there is no cost to attend.