KDW Midweek Retreat
October 6, 2021 @ 8:00 am – October 8, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Who Needs a Bridge?
“I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.”Jeramiah 29:11
Kansas Disciples Women from across our Region and beyond will gather at Disciples Center in October for our annual fall retreats. Come study with our keynote speaker Beth Rupe as she leads us to answer the question, “Who Needs a Bridge?”
The retreat begins with registration at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 6, followed by evening worship beginning at 6:45 p.m. Enjoy self-guided and self-discovery workshops and activities throughout the day on Thursday. The retreat ends prior to noon on Friday with closing worship.
Meet Rev. Dr. Beth Rupe
Beth Rupe, is the Interim Minister of CCIW Women’s Ministries and served as the Worship Coordinator for the 2010 International Disciples Women’s Ministries (IDWM) Quadrennial. She has written articles for the office of Christian Education of the Disciples Department of Homeland Ministries and has also contributed to the Just Women publication.
She is currently a member of the Centennial Christian Church (DOC) in Bloomington, Illinois where she is an active member of the laity, serving as an elder, secretary of the Church Board, and Co-Chair of Nurture and Grow Team, and completing other duties as assigned.
Take part in free self-discovery workshops.
- Chatting with the Keynote Speaker, Beth Rupe
- Book discussion
- Elder Fraud and Medicare issues
- Mental Health
- Salina Homestead House/Human Trafficking.
Take part in free self-discovery activities.
- Create your own mosaic cross
- Work on no sew blankets and neck pillows for the Child Advocacy Center in Pittsburg
- Journey through Tawakoni’s newly relocated prayer Labryenth
- Meditate in the chapel prayer room
- Travel back in time and reminise while viewing the KDW scrapbooks
- Bring along your unfinished knitting, crocheting or needlework projects
Other self-discovery activities available for additional fee:
- Enjoy a back, finger, or foot chair massage – $10 extra for 10 minutes
- Get crafty by designing your own Farmhouse Craft – $10 extra for supplies
- Browse the book table to find some of our favorite books. You’ll also find note cards, greetings cards, items for children, jewelry and so much more. A portion of the proceeds from the book table benefit KDW.
Attend morning and evening worship with other Disciples Women in the beautiful Tawakoni chapel. Be filled and overflowing as we sing, pray and commune together at the Lord’s table.
Order your 2021 KDW Fall Retreat T-shirt with the “Who Needs a Bridge?” logo (right) when you register and pick up your shirt at the retreat.
A few extras may be available, but not guaranteed, for purchase at the retreat. Adult sizes small through 5XL available. Cost is $15 each. Net proceeds go to women in Kenya ministries.
- Full Retreat Adult Registration (Retreat program, 2 nights overnight lodging, and 5 meals) — $85 each ($100 after September 15)
- Partial Retreat Adult Registration (Retreat program, and 2 meals) — $50 each ($60 after September 15); add first night dinner for additional $8
- Child Registration Available for weekend retreat only
Retreat organizers will make every reasonable effort to accommodate registration requests but are not guaranteed. Register early! Registrations received after September 15 are transferrable but not refundable.